Pages

Wednesday, August 1

THOUGHTS ON BLOGGING

The last couple of weeks it feels like I'm getting a little bummed out about blogging. This morning, this comes in the form of an incoherent ramble, when pondering my time spent blogging, I decided to type it out. Although this may be just some rambling, I want you to know that I thought long and hard about posting my thought on blogging lately because I didn't want to come off as some whiny brat who makes a big deal about something not so big. I am doing it anyway.

First and foremost, blogging is for the most part absolutely wonderful. I never thought I would meet so many lovely people through blogging and that so many people would take a part out of their day to read and comment on my posts. Reading other people's blog also gives me happiness; I get inspiration from so many of your blogs and to be honest I don't think I would have continued blogging had it not been for the community.

I probably shouldn't be upset, but I can't seem to help it. Lately I've just been feeling like I have to put a lot of work into making this blog both a reflection of myself as well as an interesting place to come, with a variety of content. It actually takes a lot of my time and I spend hours trying to come up with stuff that isn't just a "filler". This is a good thing, it makes me able to be more proud of this little space.

At the same time though, I get really discouraged when actual time is spent on a post and the response is just dead. That little reader interaction and response made that I couldn't make myself to spend a lot of time into blogging in July.* The strange part is that when I post something that took only 15 minutes, everybody comes out of the dark. I'm not blaming you for anything but it makes me question the time I spend on here and it actually makes me feel so less creative when the non-inspiring stuff are the ones that people flock to. 

Bye bye to my creative mojo! Hello stupid writer's block.

It's just hard to feel inspired, encouraged and creative when it seems like visitors are just looking for a quick read and nothing else. The question "does blogging make me happy?" popped up in my mind the other day. To be honest, not all of the time. While some days are fantastic, others only feel like a lot of work. Then I remembered the day when I started my blog. I did start my blog to empty my head, to write about what I love. I didn't start to blog to please other people. One of the best things about blogging is that we don't have to answer to anyone: we're free to post what we want and when we want to. That's the most beautiful part of blogging; you can write about anything you like. And when other people love that writing great/ amazing/ dazzling, but sometimes people won't like it and that's also just fine. 
So, rather than moaning, I want to do two things: (/or how to try ending a somewhat negative post with a happy ending...)
1) Thank you for your continued support! I may not have thousand of followers but I am happy to have a loyal few. It really does mean a lot to me. 
2) Ask you if you have thoughts on this matter. Did you ever have the same thoughts on blogging and what did you do to overcome the typical writer's block?

So, while I am re-evaluating my blog please understand if I won't post often; I think that it's better to rather publish one good post a week than lots of crappy ones, am I right? Fingers crossed I'll be feeling re-inspired again soon.

--------------------------
* I also refound my love for reading books. I always loved reading because it lets me leave reality for a little time. I'm one of those people who always get really hooked in to books and feel as if they're in the book themselves. So happy that I refound that joy.
follow the blonde muse on bloglovin', twitter and google plus.

0 blablablas:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment ♥