Pages

Wednesday, February 6

NOT ONLY A SHOP STOP


Last year I challenged myself
to stop shopping for 3 months
(here & here).

I succeeded.
Or didn't I? 

I did stop shopping these three months
but did I become conscious of the big picture? 

Maybe?!

I don't feel the need anymore to keep up with other bloggers,
or 
want to update my wardrobe constantly,
and when I present my latest findings to the world 
it are only items that I really love. 

I don't lose myself no longer in this world of übercool bloggers,
who are living the dream
having a wardrobe filled with expensive branded clothing.

Yes.

From time to time I heave a sigh because I see something better, cooler or newer. 
But I've made peace with the fact that I can't own everything that I want. 

In fact.
I don't want to own everything.

Fitting in is so overrated.
Staying true to your personal style and trying to keep up with the latest trends
all at the same time 
is
a mission impossible.

I've always been that kind of girl that felt comfortable in a very clean, elegant style with blazers, blouses, shirts and blue jeans.

Like Will Rogers once said: 
"Too many people spend money they haven't earned, 
to buy things they don't want, 
to impress people they don't like."
So why would I add galaxy leggings and clashing prints to my outfit?

In 2012,
I've decided to stop compulsive purchases.
It was hard from time to time to find my real voice
and quench the rebellious voice in me that screamed "get this, get that" all the time.
But I did.

Of course, this blog is still about fashion I buy and other things strongly connected to materialistic things and consumerism.
But I hope you feel it isn't all about just buying more stuff.
I don't like the feeling anymore to own masses of things I don't need.

I want to invest money in
experiencing
something amazing.

I remember when I traveled in Australia 
and everyday I had amazing experiences,
that didn't cost a cent
and still make me smile today.

Life is so much more than owning and controlling material things.

So let's make room for the good stuff.

0 blablablas:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment ♥