Pages

Thursday, February 28

IN DEFENSE OF

(via.)

Me and my friend over a cup of coffee.

Me: Is it just me? Or is love becoming for people just a matter of choice and convention?

Friend: It seems to go that way these days.

Silence.

Both: But I don't want it to be that way!

--------------------------------------

First thought: it's getting creepy how my friend and I are starting to not only end each others sentences but also exactly know the beginning of the following.

Second thought: I am what people call a naive/ silly person who still believes in love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other-love. Love that feels like your heart is going to burst, your head explode and you're constantly feeling nausea by all the butterflies. Love where you say: You're a nightmare but I love you, and I want this every single day. 

That kind of love.

You can say: Lady/Woman/ Girl, you've watched way too many movies.

But then I answer: Isn't hanging on, as you get older, to a dreamy, romantic idea of how life will turn out the best motivator? Otherwise, what's to point anyway?

Your turn.

0 blablablas:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment ♥