Seems like the impossible has become possible and that the Belgium climate has decided to skip summer this year and immediately move to fall weather. My immense amount of summer clothing doesn't agree with this choice and let's not even begin to describe my mood these days. Rain and cold temperatures aren't really a trigger to make this girl smile.
Anyway, in less than one week it is my birthday! I know I am not that old but I can count on less than one hand the times it has rained on my birthday so far. When I was younger I celebrated it with eating ice creams, playing on the bouncing castle with my friends in our garden... Fun times thanks to the beautiful weather. Now that it seems like the weather isn't going to change, it can be ruled out that there will be sunshine on my special day. This makes that my birthday dream* wish list include a lot of rain proof items. It actually looks like a wish list I would make for coming fall. Let's take a closer look.
1. Whisper linen-jersey top from J.Crew. Here I am again with my refound love for basics but you can wear this piece with everything from printed legging to a simple skinny jeans for an effortlessly elegant finish.
2. Striped top from Burberry Brit. Marine stripes are here to stay: pair the shirt with slim trousers and loafers for a preppy-chic finish.
3. Laptop case from Marc by Marc Jacobs.4. Linen cropped parka from Burberry Brit. Just when my quest for the perfect parka seemed a never-ending story, I think I found what I want. This sumptuous linen blend parka is a must-have investment for the transitional period we, Belgians, live in all. the. time.
5. Sterling silver and turquoise leather wrap bracelet from Chan Luu. This summer I want to make a lot of new friendship bracelets, there are so many awesome DIY around the blogosphere that there has to be something simular like this pretty.6. Taupe suede ankle boots from Chloe. I already told you about my love for these pretty boots. They would not only be perfect to wear under a skinny but also under a summer dress. *Swoon*
7. Lady bug leather coin purse from Gucci. OMG, this is so adorable!!
8. Dicker grey suede ankle boots from Isabel Marant. I see these boots like everywhere, except where to buy them. Boo-hoo. Help?
9. Misfit mid-rise skinny jeans from Goldsign. You can't get it more basic than this.
* I keep in mind that all the items listed here are quite expensive. Nevertheless a girl can dream... Or there would exist a generous being that would like to make this girl over the top happy.